Regional Integrated Falls Prevention & Management
The Centre for Studies in Aging & Health at Providence Care held a Research & Innovation on Aging Forum on Regional Integrated Falls Prevention & Management Tuesday November 17, 2015 at 4-5 pm Learning & Leadership Centre, Providence Care, Mental Health Services site, 752 King St. W. Kingston with presenters Dr. John Puxty & Mariel Ang. An archived copy of the webinar is available on vimeo.
Objectives of the Research & Innovation in Aging Forum
- Share research investigating health issues related to aging
- Create a forum that promotes networking, collaboration and innovation in research
- Establish a community of practice for researchers who have an interest in health issues related to aging affiliated with Providence Care & Queen's University
4:00 pm - 4:05 pm - Introduction and welcome from Dr. Rosemary Brander
4:05 pm - 4:45 pm - Regional Falls Prevention & Management, Dr. John Puxty & Mariel Ang
4:45 pm - 5:00 pm - Discussion
Regional Falls Prevention & Management
Learn about a newly launched regional collaborative initiative focusing on developing an integrated falls prevention & management strategy. Highlights include:
- Overview of the literature supporting the need for an integrated falls prevention and management strategy
- Description of best practices in Ontario around falls prevention and management
- Presentation of the current regional falls prevention and management initiative in South East Ontario
Dr. John Puxty • A Geriatrician, John is Chair of the Division of Geriatric Medicine at Queen’s University, the Director of the Centre for Studies in Aging & Health and the Chair of the Southeastern Ontario Regional Geriatric Program.
Mariel Ang • A Kinesiology undergraduate from Western University who is currently pursuing a Master of Public Health at Queen’s University. Mariel recently completed her practicum placement at the Centre for Studies in Aging and Health, working on investigating a Regional Falls Prevention Strategy for South East Ontario.