Oakville, Town of
Name of Committee: Age Friendly – Town’s Inclusion Advisory Group
- Website: www.oakville.ca/residents/age-friendly-community.html
- Email: Nabeel Rahman (Community Development Specialist) email@example.com
- Municipal Core Funding
This profile was updated October 2019.
Age-Friendly Program Description
The AFC work is led by municipal staff. Age Friendly falls under the Corporate Inclusion Advisory Group (former Staff Accessibility Committee). In 2014, Oakville established an age-friendly baseline assessment and an inventory of the town’s age-friendly initiatives. Monitoring and reporting on age-friendly initiatives is the responsibility of the Inclusion Advisory Group.
Current and Completed AFC Projects, Programs and Initiatives
Outdoor Spaces and Public Buildings
- Sidewalk and Trip Repair Program
- Pedestrian Crosswalk Program
- Ride the Bus – Hosted second Ride the Bus Day in May 2019. Oakville Transit picked up seniors at 9:30 am and took them on a loop highlighting areas that may be of interest to seniors while providing instruction about how to use the bus. The event also included an interpreter, a lunch stop and Q&A.
- Virtual Tour of the 2nd floor of the Oakville Museum
Communication & Information
- Information sessions offered for seniors