Kingston, City of
Name of Committee: Age-friendly Kingston Community Alliance
- Website: www.cityofkingston.ca and www.cityofkingston.ca/resident/seniors
- Contact name:
(please check back soon for contact information or email Sarah Webster firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions)
- The Alliance receives administrative support from the City but has no base funding. Funding is sought on a project by project basis.
This profile was updated July 2021.
Age-Friendly Program Description
The AFC work is led by a community based organization/network. Currently, the AFKCA is working on isolated seniors and working with Police on the implementation of a vulnerable persons registry. They continue to work with the City on monitoring and suggesting actions to improve the age friendliness of the City.
Current and Completed AFC Projects, Programs and Initiatives
Outdoor Spaces and Public Buildings
- Stop Gap (Portable, customized ramps to make businesses accessible)
- Senior Transit Monthly Orientation Sessions
Communication & Information
- 211 Rack Card (rack card for seniors that communicates the difference between 211, 411,911, 311 etc)
Community Support & Health Services
- Vulnerable Person’s Registry
- Kingston HomeShare (Canada HomeShare Pilot site 2021-22)