Tay Valley, Township of
Name of Committee: Age Friendly Community Working Group
Population: 5,925 (2021)
- Website: www.tayvalleytwp.ca/en/resident-services/age-friendly.asp
- Email: Kathryn Baker-Reed (Community Services Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Funding for a small percentage of staff salary to support the Working Group
This profile was updated July 2018.
Age-Friendly Program Description
The AFC work is led by a municipal committee of council. Currently, the community is at the implementation stage and they are focusing on housing and communication.
Current and Completed AFC Projects, Programs and Initiatives
- Lanark Transportation Association Services (LTAS) provides travel assistance to rural individuals, supporting attendance to medical and specialized services.
- Co-Housing Options through Zoning Changes
- Tiny Homes (Cohousing initiative)
- Creating Rural Foundations for Elder Independence in Tay Valley Township: Age-Friendly Community Planning (2022)
- Creating Rural Foundations for Elder Independence in Tay Valley Township: Age-friendly Community Planning (2016)