Kenora, City of
Name of Committee: Kenora Age-Friendly Steering Committee
- Website: kenora.ca/living/age-friendly-community-services/
- Email: Mary Bawden firstname.lastname@example.org
This profile was updated August 2019.
Age-Friendly Program Description
The AFC work is led by a community based organization/network. Kenora has summarized their community survey completed last summer/fall and revised their Community Action Plan. They have determined priority actions and will be assigning timelines and responsibilities in June 2018.
Current and Completed AFC Projects, Programs and Initiatives
Respect & Social Inclusion
- Seniors Caring Project (Gift bags with personal letters and information/resources provided to socially isolated seniors over the holidays)
Communication & Information
Community Support & Health Services
- Sub-committee on Elder Abuse
- Kenora Age-Friendly Strategic Plan (2016-2021)