Greater Sudbury, City of
Name of Committee: City of Greater Sudbury
- Website: www.greatersudbury.ca/live/seniors-services/age-friendly-community-strategy/
- Email: Sherri Moroso (Community Development Coordinator) email@example.com
This profile was updated July 2018.
Age-Friendly Program Description
The City of Greater Sudbury is currently continuing its work towards an age friendly community. On July 9th, 2018, the latest update on work being done was presented to Council, which was very supportive of working being done to date. The AFC work is led by a municipal advisory committee.
Current and Completed AFC Projects, Programs and Initiatives
Outdoor Spaces and Public Buildings
- Asset Mapping
- Age In Place Community Forum
Respect & Social Inclusion
- Keeping Seniors Warm (Offered to those 55+. Ladies auxiliary provided lunch, fundraised $150 per person to include lunch and shopping. Each participant also received a quilt, hats, mitts, scarf).
Communication & Information
- Older Adults Web Page and Community Guide
Community Support & Health Services
- Greater Sudbury Seniors Community Network