AFC Knowledge Exchange
The AFC Knowledge Exchange is where you can join your region’s age-friendly network, sign up for the provincial AFC distribution list and connect with the AFC Knowledge Broker.
AFC Knowledge Broker
The AFC Knowledge Broker can provide advice, link to resources, connect you to other leaders exploring similar issues, or answer any questions about age-friendly community development in Ontario. For any age-friendly questions, please contact the AFC Knowledge Broker, Lisa Brancaccio, by phone 1-844-276-5756 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I have found the AFC Knowledge Broker to be very instrumental in connecting me directly to others within the province who may have worked through a problem or issue before we have, enabling us to get experiential advice and learning from another community addressing the same concerns that we are.” – An Ontario AFCI Lead
Provincial Distribution List & Ontario AFC Newsletter
Stay informed about the latest age-friendly information in Ontario by joining the provincial AFC distribution list. A monthly e-newsletter highlights age-friendly events, resources, research, news stories and funding announcements. The past 12 issues of the newsletter are below.
- January 2022 e-Newsletter
- December 2021 e-Newsletter
- November 2021 e-Newsletter
- October 2021 e-Newsletter
- September 2021 e-Newsletter
- August 2021 e-Newsletter
- July 2021 e-Newsletter
- June 2021 e-Newsletter
- May 2021 e-Newsletter
- April 2021 e-Newsletter
- March 2021 e-Newsletter
- February 2021 e-Newsletter
- January 2021 e-Newsletter
Regional Age-Friendly Networks
These networks include age-friendly leads from many of Ontario’s 70+ Age-Friendly Community Initiatives (AFCIs). Network members meet regularly (by teleconference) to share their local age-friendly planning processes, describe innovative programs and services, and discuss emerging trends or gaps. The regional networks are an opportunity to learn from and share with each other to help accelerate and strengthen work at a local level.
- Northern Ontario Age-Friendly Network
- Eastern Ontario Age-Friendly Network
- Central Ontario Age-Friendly Network
- Southwestern Ontario Age-Friendly Network
If you are interested in joining one of the regional networks, please contact the program Knowledge Broker, Lisa Brancaccio, by phone 1-844-276-5756 or email email@example.com to be connected with the appropriate network chair.
HelpAge Canada (open)
Seniors’ Centre Without Walls Micro-Grant (open)
- Application Deadline: Nov 15, 2021 at 5pm EDT
- Micro- Grant Program Guidelines and information: http://www.oacao.org/programs/seniors-centre-without-walls/
Seniors Community Grant Program
- Read the program guidelines for information on eligibility and program details.
Enabling Accessibility Fund
- For more information visit the ESDC funding programs page.
New Horizons for Seniors Program
- Grants up to $25,000 for Community-based projects
- Small grants up to $5,000 for Community-based projects
If you know of a funding opportunity that is not listed, please share in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ontario Age-Friendly Communities Symposium: Aging With Confidence (March 26, 2018)
Community of Interest on Social Isolation and Loneliness
Join the Ontario Age-Friendly Communities Outreach Program as we explore the best practices to mitigate negative effects of social isolation among community-dwelling older adults during and post COVID-19.
Click here to join this COI.
Past issues of COI newsletter:
- Issue 1 (May 2020)
- Issue 2 (June 2020)
- Issue 3 (August 2020)
- Issue 4 (October 2020)
- Issue 5 (November 2020)
- Issue 6 (February 2021)
- Issue 7 (March 2021)
- Issue 8 (April 2021)
- Issue 9 (July 2021)
- Issue 10 (September 2021)
- Issue 11 (November 2021)
For questions about this COI, please contact the AFC Knowledge Broker, Lisa Brancaccio, by phone 1-844-276-5756 or email email@example.com.