Whitewater Region, Township of
Name of Committee: Whitewater Seniors Home support & Active Living pilot working group
Population: 7,225 (2021)
- Email: Margaret Morin (Seniors Liaison Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently funded by provincial, federal, and other agency grants; ex: Good Companions. The municipal government also contributes.
This profile was updated in July 2023.
Age-Friendly Program Description
We want the seniors of Whitewater Region to age safely in the comfort of their homes by providing them with the necessary contacts to get them set up with proper care, meals, transportation as well as programs.
Currently, our funding is dictating our priorities however we always look for ways to meet the needs identified in our needs analysis as well as hearing input from our seniors while accomplishing our AFC workplan.
Our needs Assessment and Age-Friendly Community Plan.
Current and Completed AFC Projects, Programs and Initiatives
Communication and Information
- Website, Facebook
- Links to AFC plan and needs assessment
- Advocating with local builders for purpose-built seniors housing
Outdoor Spaces and Public Buildings
- We currently have our storefront Beachburg office and rent facilities on a rotating basis in hamlets in local community centers to maximize community participation
- Seniors Centre Without Walls, hosting to all Renfrew County Seniors
Community Support and Health Services
- Eganville Seniors, Renfrew, and Carefor to provide frozen meals and limited access to fresh meals and referrals for home support
- Partnered with Connected Canada in delivering technology training.
Civic Participation and Employment
- In our first year, we have logged over 600 volunteer hours in our initiative
- We work closely with Carefor, who provides transportation. We also have a couple of volunteer drivers.