Sarnia, City of
Name of Committee: Age-Friendly Sarnia-Lambton
- Website: https://www.agefriendlysarnialambton.ca
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/agefriendlysarnialambton
- Amy Weiler, Age-Friendly Coordinator, email@example.com, 519-845-1353 ext. 310
Current Funding: Lambton Elderly Outreach
This profile was updated in October 2022.
Age-Friendly Program Description
Age-Friendly Sarnia-Lambton is a collaborative community development initiative that works to pro-actively build a community where we can live, work, and play at any age! Healthy aging and best practices for community supports and services is our focus.
Age-Friendly Sarnia-Lambton is built on 7 determinants of an age-friendly city: Employment & Volunteerism, Health & Community Supports, Housing, Respect & Inclusion, Transportation, Communication & Information, and Outdoor Spaces & Buildings, and is governed by a Steering Committee.
Our vision is to ensure the Sarnia-Lambton community is supportive of the well-being of an aging population through inclusiveness, dignity, respect, and opportunity.
Current and Completed AFC Projects, Programs and Initiatives
- Older Adult Care Pathway Report
- Age-Friendly Best Practices for Businesses and Service Providers E-Learning Certificate Course
- Community Action Plan (2017)
- Adopt-a-Driveway Guide
- Age-Friendly Guide: Health Services and Supports in Sarnia-Lambton
- HomeShare Toolkit