- This event has passed.
AFC Webinar – Connecting With Ontario Seniors: Moving from Social Isolation to Social Inclusion
April 24, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
During this webinar, Bonnie Schroeder reviewed why older adults are isolated and how this isolation differs from loneliness and solitude. Rachel Sutcliffe presented findings from an Ottawa-based program entitled “Seniors Centre Without Walls”. Nancy Angus concluded the presentation by describing the “Grand Individuals Aging with Neighbours in Thunder Bay” (GIANTS) program.
– Rachel Sutcliffe, BSW , B.Ed. – Seniors’ Centre Without Walls Coordinator, The Good Companions
– Nancy Angus, Community Connector & GIANTs Lead
– Questions and Answers from the Webinar
– [Videos] Thunder Bay Age-Friendly GIANTS videos
– [Website] Age-Friendly Thunder Bay
– [Resource] Savvy Senior Strategies from Age-Friendly GIANTs
– [News Video] CBC Coverage of Seniors’ Centre Without Walls
– [News Article] Program Connects Lonely Seniors Through Conference Calls
– [Website]The Loneliness Project