- This event has passed.
RIAF Webinar – Participation Experiences of People with Deafblindness or Dual Sensory Loss
December 11, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Date: December 11, 2018
Description: PhD Candidate Atul Jaiswal introduced the condition of dual sensory loss or deafblindness and discussed the characteristics, epidemiology and impact of dual sensory loss on life.
He received a gold medal during his Master’s degree in Social Work in Disability Studies and was instrumental in initiating a successful advocacy campaign for people with disabilities(resulting in sanction of INR 15 million) during his fellowship. He is a recipient of Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarship and currently pursuing his doctoral research to understand the participation experiences of persons with deafblindness and ways to enhance their participation in society. His current work also focuses on understanding the use of assistive technology for people with deafblindness.
To know more visit https://twitter.com/atuljais111
- Sensory and demographic characteristics of deafblindness rehabilitation clients in Montreal, Canada
- What’s in a name: Dual sensory impairment or deafblindness?
- Vision and hearing impairment and occupational therapy education: Needs and current practice
- Combined impairments in vision, hearing and cognition are associated with greater levels of functional and communication difficulties than cognitive impairment alone: Analysis of interRAI data for home care and long-term care recipients in Ontario
- Participation experiences of people with deafblindness or dual sensory loss: A scoping review of global deafblind literature
- Systematic review: Investigating the effectiveness of assistive technology to enable internet access for individuals with deafblindness
- At risk of exclusion from CRPD and SDGs implementation: Inequality and persons with deafblindness