- This event has passed.
Webinar – AVOID Frailty: How Interacting with Others can Reduce Risk
March 22, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
Description: Frailty is a medical condition of reduced function and health in older adults. Getting older doesn’t necessarily mean someone is frail, but it does increase the odds of developing multiple medical conditions and frailty.
Older adults and caregivers living in South East Ontario are invited to participate in this one-hour online education session to learn more about how interacting with others can reduce frailty.
By the end of this session you will:
– understand frailty and its impact on health
– appreciate the importance of social interactions
– be aware of risk factors and possible negative outcomes of social isolation and loneliness
– be able to identify strategies to improve your interactions.
- Webinar slide deck (PDF)
- Presentation hand out (PDF)
South East Ontario Services and Programs
- City of Kingston Services and Programs for Seniors
- YMCA of Eastern Ontario
- Military Veteran Program Plus
- Volunteer Kingston
- Friendship Blooms Intergenerational Program
- Queen’s Institute for Lifelong Learning (QuILL)
- Ever Scholar at Queen’s
- Sunshine Call Program
- Seniors Association Kingston Region
- Senior Services in Napanee
- Brockville 50+ Activity Centre
- Bellville and Quinte West Community Health Centre
- Dancing with Parkinson’s
- Seniors Maintaining Active Roles Together (SMART)
- March 22, 2021
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Past AVOID Webinar, Webinar Event
- Event Tags:
- Exercise, Frailty, Loneliness & Social Isolation, Medication, Nutrition, Vaccinations