- This event has passed.
Webinar – AVOID Frailty: How Vaccinations and Optimizing Medications Can Reduce Risk
April 19, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
Description: Frailty is a medical condition of reduced function and health in older adults. Getting older doesn’t necessarily mean someone is frail, but it does increase the odds of developing multiple medical conditions and frailty.
Older adults and caregivers living in South East Ontario are invited to participate in this one-hour online education session to learn more about how vaccinations and optimizing medications can reduce frailty.
By the end of this session you will:
– Understand the components of frailty and their negative impact on health
– Appreciate importance of vaccination for older adults and the health benefits
– Understand age related changes that influence older adults response to medications and the risks of polypharmacy on the health of older adults
– Identify important steps of optimizing your medications.
This series is hosted by the Centre for Studies in Aging and Health in partnership with the Canadian Frailty Network and the University Hospitals Kingston Foundation.
- Webinar slide deck (PDF)
- Presentation hand out (PDF) – services and programs discussed during the webinar.
- What is Frailty? – The Canadian Frailty Network shares current evidence about frailty, the risk factors, and common features of frailty.
- AVOID Frailty – The Canadian Frailty Network provides information on what older adults can do to avoid frailty.
- AVOID Frailty Brochure – The Canadian Frailty Network offers this summary about how you can AVOID Frailty and take control!
- What to Know About the COVID-19 Vaccine – The Canadian Frailty Network answers questions about the COVID-19 vaccine in this infographic.
- Frequently Asked Vaccination Questions – The Canadian Frailty Network answers common questions about vaccines in this infographic.
- Ontario Publicly Funded Shingles (Herpes Zoster) Immunization Program: Shingrix® Vaccine Information for Patients– The Ministry of Health provides basic information about shingles and changes to Ontario’s publicly funded shingles immunization program?
- eFit Toolkit for Individuals & Caregivers: Frailty – The Centre for Studies in Aging and Health offers an educational lesson and related resources about frailty, risk factors, self-assessment, and how to avoid frailty.
- eFit Toolkit for Individuals & Caregivers: Vaccinations – The Centre for Studies in Aging and Health offers an educational lesson and related resources about vaccinations for older adults.
- eFit Toolkit for Individuals & Caregivers: Managing Medications – The Centre for Studies in Aging and Health offers an educational lesson and related resources about how medications interact with over-the-counter drugs, food and alcohol and how an older adult can manage their medications.
- April 19, 2021
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Past AVOID Webinar, Webinar Event
- Event Tags:
- Exercise, Frailty, Loneliness & Social Isolation, Medication, Nutrition, Vaccinations