- This event has passed.
Webinar – Intergenerational Programs
May 30, 2023 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pmFree
Intergenerational connections benefit both older and younger people, as well as the communities they live in. Bringing older and younger people together contributes to understanding and respect between generations, and research has shown that intergenerational programs increase well-being and self-esteem of participants, as well as reduce ageism and elder abuse.
This webinar profiles three Canadian intergenerational initiatives: LINKages Society of Alberta, Grandpals, and InterGenNS. In addition, the Intergenerational Evaluation Toolkit is introduced, which provides tools to help meet the needs of program providers and researchers committed to demonstrating the impact of intergenerational programming and understanding the practices by which outcomes are achieved.
- Betty Good – Program and Training Lead, LINKages Society of Alberta
- Jules Myer – Project Manager for GrandPals, Consultant and CEO of FAAB Inc.
- June Maynard – Community Champion, InterGenNS
- Sue Carabetta – Manager of Community Engagement and Seniors Programs, North Shore Community Resources
- Dr. Shannon Jarrott – Professor of Social Work, Ohio State University