- This event has passed.
Webinar – Temporalities of dementia
December 3, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
Description: We are very happy to welcome you to another online seminar hosted by the Critical dementia network. The seminar, entitled “Temporalities of dementia”, will take place on the 3rd of December 3pm-4.30 PM (GMT). The seminar is free of charge and open to all.
We shall hear from the following five scholars with an interest in the temporalities of dementia and whose work is critical of narrow chronometric framings of dementia and care.
- “Doing the Loop with Lucia”: Queer Aging and Continuity
Celeste Pang, University of Toronto
- Time, Memory and Dementia: An Becoming/Un-becoming Approach
Stephen Katz, Trent University
- “Bending the Clock”: Expanding Queer/Crip Time into Dementia Time
Hailee Yoshizaki-Gibbons, Hiram College
- Welcoming in Dementia Time: Crip Temporalities
Nadine Changfoot, Trent University
- Taking time: the temporal politics of dementia, care and support in a time of austerity
Richard Ward, University of Stirling