This topic features two modules: Dementia and Responsive Behaviours
Dementia is a term that describes a wide range of symptoms associated with a severe loss of thinking abilities which prevents a person from doing their daily activities. Contrary to common belief, serious mental decline is not a normal part of the aging process. Healthy lifestyle choices such as stay active, staying connected to others, maintaining a healthy weight and diet and quitting smoking can all decrease the chance of developing dementia.
What will you learn?
At the end of the overview on Dementia you will be able to answer:
- What is dementia?
- What are the risk factors?
- What are early warning signs of dementia?
- How is dementia diagnosed?
- What are the stages of dementia?
- What are the signs of caregiver stress?
At the end of the overview on Responsive Behaviours you will be able to answer:
- What are responsive behaviours?
- What are the causes of responsive behaviours?
- What are some strategies to manage responsive behaviours?
- How can caregivers manage stress?