REAP SE Ontario - Vision
South East Ontario REAP Planning Network - Vision Statement
We envision a community that is safe, secure, respectful and supportive for older adults to live in and enjoy independence free from abuse.
The purpose of the South East Ontario REAP Planning Network is to identify, build and maintain partnerships across Southeastern Ontario to strengthen our community awareness of resources and response to reports of abuse. Partnerships include but are not limited to, SECCAC, LTC homes, Home Health Provider Agencies, Community Support Services and organizations in support of older adults.
We will strive to accomplish the following:
- Recognize the uniqueness and the diversity within our region.
- Support coordinated efforts within each of the 3 local networks in Southeastern Ontario.
- Provide a stronger collective voice to effect positive change at the local, regional and provincial levels.
- Work in partnership with Ontario Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse (ONPEA) to develop a regional database.
- Prevent elder abuse by increasing awareness and understanding of elder abuse, seniorís rights, requirements for safe and secure aging, and relevant services.
- Provide coordinated regional leadership to promote and sustain a collaborative and accessible response to elder abuse.
- Coordinate and standardize education with ONPEA and the Advocacy Centre for the Elderly (ACE) for the public and direct care providers to support them in recognizing and responding to elder abuse to reduce duplication of effort.