The Centre for Studies in Aging and Health (CSAH) has led, implemented and evaluated a number of regional and provincial and national initiatives aimed at increasing workforce development, facilitating evidence-informed practice and strengthening system capacity to support successful aging and prevent or delay the expression of frailty.
GrandPals is an intergenerational program that connects an elementary school class with a small team of GrandPals (adults over 55) to engage in weekly, open conversations providing a path for knowledge transfer through storytelling.
Canada HomeShare is a co-housing initiative that matches an older adult (55+) with a postsecondary student for a shared housing experience.
An age-friendly community (AFC) is a community where policies, services and physical spaces are designed to enable people of all ages to live in a secure and accessible physical and social environment.
- Southeastern Ontario Portal for Advance Care Planning [ACP] & Health Care Consent [HCC]
- Care of the Older Offender Program
- South East Regional Integrated Fall Prevention & Management Strategy
- Bridges to Care Long-Term Care Toolkits
- Bridges to Care Long-Term Care Project
- Eldercare Access Strategy in Emergency Rooms (easier+)
- FASTlinks Web-based Maps